MPI Europe Internships
MPI Europe Internships
The Migration Policy Institute Europe (MPIE) is seeking candidates for a full-time internship in Brussels for Autumn -Winter 2020, which offers a unique opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge and practical experience working with a broad network of experts in a wide range of policy areas, including EU immigration and asylum systems, labor migration, and immigrant integration. The internship also offers individuals the opportunity to collaborate directly with policy analysts and senior management, and potentially author research. The successful candidates will also be involved in the organization of external MPIE events, with benefits for his/her network.
The deadline for applications is April 26th, and the successful candidate will start at the beginning of July.
The intern will provide support to the MPI Europe team, including senior management. Applicants must have at least a relevant bachelor or master’s degree and possess excellent oral and written communication skills. They should be able to work both independently and as part of a team, be well organized and with the ability to handle a wide arrange of tasks, which might range from research activities to event organization.
Duties of an intern may include:
- Contributing to overall research efforts, including through independent quantitative and/or qualitative research and policy analysis
- Writing paper drafts and prepare literature summaries
- Assisting in the dissemination of publications
- Providing administrative support on migration-related events
- Attending and summarizing relevant public and private events to which MPI staff have been invited
- Undertaking administrative tasks, including assistance to senior management.
Language skills other than English and ability to work with Microsoft Access prove helpful for certain projects, as do strong quantitative skills.
Internship Details and Conditions
The internship will last a minimum three months, with a maximum duration of six months (to be agreed). The intern will be offered a “contrat d’immersion professionel” (or “beroepsinlevingovereenkomst”), which foresees a payment of 1310,15 euro per month. Lunch vouchers for each working day will be offered as well. Relocation expenses are not covered.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Belgium.
Minority applicants and/or applicants from immigrant or refugee backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
In accordance with Belgian law, a “contrat d’immersion professionel” cannot be offered to candidates who are still enrolled at the university, therefore only applications from graduates will be considered for this opening.
Interested applicants should send to email@example.com the following materials:
- Cover letter describing your interest in migration and/or public policy issues (please also include why you are interested in European immigration work and the approximate dates you are available to start and finish)
- A writing sample that showcases your ability to write clearly and analytically (up to five pages)
For additional information, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org Please submit one application. Due to the large number of applicants, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls please.