Work at MPI
Work at MPI
Migration Policy Institute
The Migration Policy Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Migration Policy Institute (MPI), a nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank dedicated to the study of migration policies, is seeking to fill a senior management position in its International Program. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work for the premier global migration think tank and help shape immigration policy around the world. This senior post requires demonstrable leadership and management skills, as well as broad knowledge of the migration field. The successful candidate will be expected to lead a team in developing and promoting policy ideas that improve outcomes for all who engage the immigration system. The position will be located in Washington, DC, but alternatives (such as Brussels, Belgium) may be considered. Salary, benefits, and title will be highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Serve as a member of MPI’s executive team and assume overall responsibility for designing, managing, and executing policy research projects for MPI’s International Program, ensuring rigor and quality in all of the program’s work products.
- Work within MPI’s senior management structure to develop and implement a strategic vision for MPI’s International Program, identify and pursue new funding opportunities, and maintain and build effective relationships with funders and external collaborators.
- Oversee the development of research methodologies for new projects and supervise the International Program’s team of analysts.
- Represent MPI and promote its research and policy ideas in the media and public and private settings.
- Advanced degree in public policy or a closely related field (PhD preferred) and a minimum of ten years of experience with strong relevance to MPI’s work.
- A proven track record of leading and managing multidisciplinary teams and overseeing qualitative and quantitative research methodologies for public policy research projects.
- Excellent understanding of the role of public policy in shaping labor market institutions, immigration policy, immigration systems, and immigrant integration policy and systems, as well as the ability to analyze, write about, and explain policy issues persuasively.
- Demonstrated capacity in fundraising and development, and access to a wide network of decision-makers and opinion leaders in migration and adjacent fields.
- Substantial publications record, both in the immigration and integration policy fields, and distinction in the research and public policy worlds.
- Professional fluency in a foreign language, in addition to native-level English.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and short unedited writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not send edited journal articles or coauthored papers; the ideal writing sample is short, nontechnical, and accessible to a lay audience. Please reference “International Program” in the subject line and include a line telling us how you heard about this position.
Due to the expected large number of applicants, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Migration Policy Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion, or physical ability. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment Opportunities: Due to the large volume of applications received, we regret that we are not able to respond to individual inquiries regarding application status. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.