Program Assistant, National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy
For information on MPI's Internship Program, please click here.
National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy
The Migration Policy Institute (MPI), a nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank dedicated to the study of national and international migration policies, seeks a dynamic individual to work in its National Center on Immigrant Integration Policy (NCIIP). The Program Assistant’s primary responsibility will be to p rovide administrative and programmatic support to several NCIIP projects.
This position is available immediately.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, and one to three years of relevant experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize among multiple tasks
- Ability to interact with co-workers, vendors, organizational partners, and the general public in a professional manner
- Experience in a program support and/or in a professional administrative capacity
- Commitment to NCIIP’s mission and general interest in immigrant integration issues.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and database management
- Experience organizing conference calls, webinars, and public meetings
- Demonstrable knowledge of federal and state policies relevant to immigrant integration, which can include, but are not limited to the following topics: early childhood care and education, adult education and workforce development, language access, and refugee resettlement policies
- Strong research skills, including familiarity with both federal and state demographic data resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in outreach and provide technical assistance for national webinars and conference calls on a variety topics related to immigrant integration
- Draft and/or edit routine correspondence and memoranda
- Organize logistics of national and international meetings and workshops (invitations, travel arrangements, site logistics, materials)
- Assist in scheduling appointments and calls
- Maintain and update contact lists, working files and databases
- Provide other administrative support to NCIIP staff as needed
Salary and Benefits:
This position comes with a competitive salary and generous benefits which include, but are not limited to:
- Full coverage health plan for employee
- Ample paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- Matched retirement savings after one year
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, salary history, and short writing sample to email@example.com . Please reference “Program Assistant- NCIIP” in the subject line and include a line telling us how you heard about this position.
Hard copies may be sent to:
Migration Policy Institute
1400 16 th St NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20036
Applications are due by close of business on December 9, 2013. Due to the large number of applicants, only those being considered for the position will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
The Migration Policy Institute is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, sexual or gender orientation, religion or physical ability.